Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hummingbird

I saw a hummingbird this afternoon.   I'm quite sure it has been a couple of years since I last saw one.  Anyway, I was coming home from work, tired and hungry and as I unloaded my things from the car, I caught a swift movement from the corner of my eye.  It was the little hummingbird.

This little bird wasn't very colorful so I imagine it was the female.  She hovered at the edge of the drive and seemed to give me a quick once over.  There are marigolds at the front of the house and they are just now coming into full bloom.  She swooped down and checked them out, along with some of the other plants near by, but decided there wasn't anything of interest and flew away.

I can't really say why, but that changed my entire attitude for the evening.  I entered the house smiling and my spirits were lifted by that simple experience.  It was a lovely surprise.

I don't have any pictures of the little bird but thought some pictures of flowers were fitting.

Marigolds

IMG_3947

IMG_3114

IMG_3130

IMG_6845


IMG_3542

Later
D
Lovely Wildflowers

5 comments:

  1. And lovely flowers they are, too.

    Because hummingbirds are so tiny and so surprising and because they behave in what looks like an impossible way, they seem almost like mythical creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christian Woman, thank you for stopping by my blog. I haven't posted in a long time, but hope to get back to it one day.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debbie Hoping you start. I really enjoyed this blog. Waiting for new posts.
    Christian Woman

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.